Door Preparation and Installation Guide
Storage and Handling
- Handle and Store with care
- Ensure that storage space is well ventilated and has not been recently plastered.
- Protect from extreme temperatures and direct sunlight
- Keep doors dry at all times
- Store doors flat on at least three level bearers.
- The building should be well ventilated and not recently plastered.
- All doors should be sealed and air gaps plugged immediately following delivery.
- Door faces and exposed end grain (including after cutting) should be sealed and primed.
- When trimming, ensure that equal amounts are removed from both edges (within trim allowances)
- All exposed wood must be treated.
- Products should be clean and dry before decoration.
- For best results, follow instructions provided by paint or stain manufacturer
- When dealing with 'Paint and Peel' glazing, ensure that protective film is removed from the glass after decorating.
Care and Maintenance
- Protect wood finish and timber by adhering to manufacturer's instructions
- Dust the door (without polish) or use a damp cloth to clean off any dirt
- Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasive substances